Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Turn In

I knew the time was closing in on us, but all the same, I am in a bit of shock. CCI called this morning to arrange for the turn in date for the puppies. It's not until February 12th, but all the same....

Part of me is relieved, no more howling to come out, no more poopy newspaper to deal with. But dang, I'm going to miss them too. Most of them are just puppies, cute to look at and hold, but I have of course fallen in love with a couple too. They really are starting to have very distinct personalities. I know I will be both happy and depressed after I turn them back in to CCI. I can't even imagine how the puppy raisers deal with it. If I am this emotionally invested after 5 weeks, I can't fathom turning a pup back in after 18 months of bonding. My hat is definitely off to those with the emotional fortitude to be a PR.

I should be able to post new pics later this week. All the sunny weather has inspired me to want to do portrait headshots of everyone before they go.

No comments: