Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Walkies

Dave and I took Della and Siri for a nice walk yesterday. We even got to stop and visit with Marianne, our "whelping buddy". She made a nice fuss over both dogs and Della was very well-behaved for the visit, but Siri was a total brat, squeaking and whining when she felt Della was getting more attention than her. A good demonstration of the difference between a CCI raised dog and a regular pet dog. (yes, it is my fault she only went to 2 sets of obedience classes and I let her get away with too much, so sue me...) :0)

We only walked about a half mile, but when we got home Della just flopped down on the rug and lay there. I guess she is getting big enough to really feel the extra weight of the pregnancy. That means I will be switching to more frequent, shorter walks from now on.

Other than being more tired than usual and her expanding middle, the biggest change with pregnancy for Della has been her behavior. She has always been people-oriented, but now she almost never leaves my side and constantly wants to be pet. Great when I'm watching tv, a little difficult when I'm doing chores!

1 comment:

Jen said...

Congratulations! Being a BC sounds like fun. We're PRs for CCI and just turned in our 3rd pup this month. Unfortunately we don't live close enough to CCI to be BCs, but I enjoy hearing stories and what kinds of things you do with the pups. Best of luck to you and your soon to be pups!!